Job Opportunities at The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH), Deadline 5TH, Nov., 2018
Clinical Nursing Officer/Nurse Midwife
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Perform physical examinations and nursing care plans;
- Performing an initial assessment of a patient’s condition;
- Provide necessary nursing care in managing related communicable and non- communicable health conditions
- Perform therapeutic nursing procedure and process such as wound dressing, administration medication and injections etc
- Perform nursing care in in all stages of pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery. And other Maternal New- born and Child Health care
- Work closely with Physicians, Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in diagnosing and managing clients with acute and chronic illnesses
- Perform assessment of patients” vital signs such as taking patients’ temperature, blood pressure and pulse rates; document and monitor progress
- Perform procedure such as Setting up drips and blood transfusions; with appropriate nursing care, monitory and plans
- Demonstrable skills Using different medical equipment;
- Monitor patients health conditions, document progress and plan appropriate nursing care
- Handling sensitive and confidential information; such as diagnosis and test results
- Provide appropriate guidance in the daily clinic operations, clients- flow, clinic setting and management
- Ability to work and make decision with team at every stage of management
- Applicant must be a registered nurse (RN), Registered Midwife (RM) and/or holding Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN), with a minimum of 5 years clinical experience.
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Prepare patients prior to surgery and alleviating their concerns
- provide patient care during the pre-, intra- and postoperative stages.
- Ensure clean and aseptic/sterilized operating room with other team members.
- Preparation of instruments, trolleys and sterile supplies requested for surgery.
- Gathering and sorting all supplies needed for the operationï¼šinclusive of performing swab, needle and instrument counts in line with standard operating procedures and policies.
- Position and prepare patient on operating table
- Provide needed nursing care working with the Anaesthetist and Surgeon when required during operations.
- Labeling and dispatch of laboratory specimens after each procedures.
- Managing and compiling procedure manuals, theatre registers and clients records.
- Communicating departmental policies, policy changes and/ or new procedures to relevant staff
- Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation
- Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
- Evaluate patient in postoperative phases
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Ensuring that appropriate stock levels are maintained in the operating/surgical unit.
- Reporting to senior officer/line manager, incidents of accidents, complaints, defects in drugs, supplies or equipment.
- Participating in trials of new equipment and supplies and evaluation and serviceability of existing equipment.
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned within the team.
- Applicant must be a certified Operating Room Nurse (CNORs) with at least 3 years experience in Peri-operative nursing care.
- A Diploma in Critical care is an added advantage.
- Qualified candidate must possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety.
- Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the position
Medical Records Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Creates new medical records and retrieves existing medical records by gathering appropriate record folders and contents; assigning and recording new record numbers; verifying existing record numbers; inputting and recording locations to computer; delivering records.
- Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources; interacting with registration areas and physicians’ offices; retrieving information from automated printer.
- Maintains master patient index by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail; corrects and communicates problems according to established procedures.
- Initiates the medical record by creating and processing the patient care record folder. Manually & Electronically
- Maintains record availability by processing charts into the department; using chart mark-off procedures; facilitating chart location activities.
- Retrieves medical records by following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons charts cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
- Delivers charts to assigned areas of the hospital by following established routing procedures.
- Keeps health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
- Maintains quality results by following hospital standards.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances medical records and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Heath information or computer science with at least 2 years of working experience.
The applicant must also possess the following skills:
- Computer literacy, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus, Professionalism, Productivity, Thoroughness, Coordination, Deadline-Oriented, Internal Communications, Reporting Skills
After Applying Online
Also send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and other credentials with a Cover Letter (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide functional e-mail/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Please provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Interested and qualified? Go to Association for Reproductive and Family Health career website on docs.google.com to apply